Our sponsor for the month is Theralogix. They would like to introduce you to their latest product TheraNatal® Lactation One postnatal vitamin supplement.
You want to give your baby what’s best – your pure breast milk and nothing more.
Have you seen
for Nursing Mamas?
Breastfeeding is one of the best things you can do to support your baby’s health, and good nutrition plays a key role in your baby’s growth and development. Nutrient needs during breastfeeding are different than at any other time in a woman’s life.
Research has continuously shown that one specific nutrient is very important for your baby’s overall growth and development. That nutrient is vitamin D.
The amount of vitamin D found naturally in breast milk is too low to prevent vitamin D deficiency in most breastfed infants. Breast milk is generally low in vitamin D because it is difficult to consume adequate vitamin D through diet alone. Moreover, most women are not exposed to enough sunlight each day for their breast milk to contain the appropriate amount of vitamin D for baby.
As a result, The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends giving breastfed babies 400 IU vitamin D drops each day. As many moms would agree, giving vitamin D drops can be difficult for a variety of reasons. In fact, research has shown that less than 20% of families follow the recommendation to give vitamin D drops each day, increasing the risk of vitamin D deficiency in their babies.1,2
A recent study asked breastfeeding moms if they would prefer to take vitamin D themselves rather than give their babies a supplement. An overwhelming majority (88%) of breastfeeding moms reported they would rather supplement themselves than give their babies vitamin D drops.3
As a new mom you have enough to do without adding vitamin D drops to the list. Moreover, many moms do not like the artificial flavors and dyes found in most infant vitamin D drops. You want to give your baby what’s best; your pure breast milk and nothing more.
Ground breaking research by Dr. Bruce Hollis (see KellyMom’s interview) concluded that breastfeeding mothers could supplement themselves daily with 6,400 IU of vitamin D from a dietary supplement in order to provide enough vitamin D to their babies through their breast milk alone.4
This is important because it gives nursing mothers a safe, simple alternative to drops.
Introducing TheraNatal Lactation One.
Most moms do not want to
take unnecessary supplements and would rather rely on a healthy diet for their nutrition. However, recommended amounts of vitamin D and the other important nutrients are difficult to consume through diet alone.
Theralogix developed TheraNatal Lactation One to help fill the nutrient gaps in a breastfeeding mom’s diet.* Taking a high quality postnatal vitamin, like TheraNatal Lactation One, helps ensure that your breastmilk contains everything your baby needs.*
TheraNatal Lactation One is your best choice for a postnatal vitamin supplement.
- Small, once daily easy-to-swallow softgel.
- Provides the most essential nutrients for breastfeeding moms and their babies including,
- 6,400 IU of vitamin D3 – eliminates the need for infant vitamin D drops
- 300 mg of DHA omega-3 fatty acid – supports infant brain and eye development*
- 220 mcg of iodine – supports normal thyroid function, as well as nerve and brain development*
- Dye-free. Gluten-fee.
- Independently tested and certified for content accuracy and purity by NSF® International and the International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS) Program.
Use promo code “KELLYMOM” during Amazon checkout for 10% OFF until 3/31/17
All Theralogix formulations are approved by our Medical Advisory Board of leading academic physicians and scientists. You can be sure that the formulation of TheraNatal Lactation One reflects ongoing review of the most current scientific evidence.
All Theralogix products are independently tested by NSF® International. NSF has implemented the highest quality control standards in the supplements industry. The NSF mark is your assurance of TheraNatal Lactation One’s content accuracy, purity, and freedom from contaminants.
Every batch of TheraNatal Lactation One softgels are also independently tested by IFOS to ensure freedom from mercury, PCBs, and other contaminants. TheraNatal Lactation One has received the highest IFOS rating of five stars for quality and purity.
Visit http://www.theralogix.com to learn more about our company.
* This statement has not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Do not give your baby vitamin D drops while taking any TheraNatal Lactation product. TheraNatal Lactation supplements contain 6,400 IU of vitamin D3 per daily dose, which will ensure your baby receives the amount of vitamin D he or she needs through your breast milk alone.4
- Taylor et al. Use of supplemental vitamin d among infants breastfed for prolonged period. Pediatrics. 2010; 125(1):105-11.
- Perrine et al. Adherence to vitamin d recommendations among US infants. Pediatrics. 2010; 125(4):627-32.
- Umaretiya et al. Maternal prefrences for vitamin d supplementation in breastfed infants. Annals of Family Medicine. 2017:15(1).
- Hollis et al. Maternal versus infant vitamin D supplementation during lactation: a randomized controlled trial. Pediatrics. 2015; 136(4):625-34.