Welcome! This website was developed to provide evidence-based information on breastfeeding and parenting. I am the mother of three lovely children, and I am an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). I hope that my articles are helpful and encouraging. Thanks for visiting!
- The KellyMom.com WEBSITE consists of evidence-based informational articles (and links to further information) on breastfeeding and parenting topics.
- The KellyMom FACEBOOK PAGE is where we post articles and current events relating to breastfeeding and parenting, and where supporters of breastfeeding and gentle parenting come together to discuss these things.
- The KellyMom Facebook BREASTFEEDING SUPPORT GROUP is a safe and caring place for parents to connect with each other and ask questions, mother-to-mother, about breastfeeding and parenting.
- The KellyMom Facebook PREGNANCY SUPPORT GROUP is a safe and caring place for parents and parents-to-be to support each other and ask questions about pregnancy and related issues.
- For more breastfeeding news and information, follow KellyMom on TWITTER – @KellyMomdotcom!
KellyMom supports the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes & the WHO/UNICEF Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative.
- Breastfeeding is the main focus of KellyMom, but not the only focus— many factors (birth, parenting practices, etc.) can affect the breastfeeding relationship.
- The information and suggestions here are not a package deal – you don’t need to use it all or agree with everything. Every family and every child is different, so take what you need from our community and leave behind what doesn’t fit your life. Our aim is to help provide the information you need to make your own decision about what is best for your child and your family.
- Resources (articles, videos, studies, etc.) posted by KellyMom relate to breastfeeding and/or parenting. The posting of outside articles on the blog (or Facebook, Twitter, etc.) should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the position taken in the article unless specifically stated. We are posting to inform.
- Comments or content posted by users come from the persons posting the comments and do NOT necessarily reflect the views of KellyMom. KellyMom is in no way responsible or liable for anything posted by users.
- Information is provided for educational purposes only. Unless otherwise noted, posted items are not written by doctors or other health care professionals. If you are concerned about your health, or that of your child, consult with your health care provider regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.
IF YOU HAVE BREASTFEEDING OR PARENTING QUESTIONS, please browse the articles in our main website and/or ask a question in our Facebook Breastfeeding/Parenting or PREGNANCY Support Group. Keep in mind that online information is NOT a substitute for an in-person evaluation by a qualified, independent International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or your health care provider.
Now infants can get
all their vitamin D
from their mothers’ milk;
no drops needed with
TheraNatal Lactation ONE