Breastfeeding Your Newborn
"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby."
-- Amy Spangler
Choose a category...
Basics of Breastfeeding for the Early Weeks | Common Newborn Concerns
... or choose from the big list of newborn articles:
- Are mothers supposed to love breastfeeding 24 hours a day?
- Baby’s Second Night
- Breastfeeding after a Cesarean Birth
- Breastfeeding and Baby Health Issues (Resources)
- Breastfeeding and Sensory Processing (Resources)
- Breastfeeding Challenges in the Early Days (Resources)
- Breastfeeding Logs
- Breastfeeding Multiples (Resources)
- Breastfeeding to Sleep and Other Comfort Nursing
- Breastfeeding your newborn — what to expect in the early weeks
- Breastfeeding your Premature Infant
- Breastfeeding your Premature Infant (Resources)
- Circumcision and Breastfeeding (Resources)
- Cleft Lip / Palate (Resources)
- Cluster Feeding and Fussy Evenings
- Common Questions in the Early Weeks
- Dads and Breastfeeding (Resources)
- Down Syndrome and Breastfeeding (Resources)
- Engorgement Help: Reverse Pressure Softening
- Establishing and maintaining milk supply when baby is not breastfeeding
- Frequent nursing
- Growth spurts
- Hand expressing your breastmilk
- Help — My Baby Won’t Nurse!
- How can I find breastfeeding help? (Resources)
- How does milk production work?
- Hunger Cues – When do I feed baby?
- Importance of Responsive Feeding
- Is Baby Getting Enough Milk?
- Lactation yoga …side-lying nursing without getting up to switch sides
- Latching and Positioning Resources
- Latching: Thoughts on pushing baby’s chin down when latching
- My baby is fussy! Is something wrong?
- My baby is gassy. Is this caused by something in my diet?
- Nipple shields
- Sleepy Babies
- Sore nipples or breasts? Here’s help…
- Tips for juggling a newborn and toddler
- Tools for Feeding: Bottles & More
- Weaning from formula supplements
- What should I know about giving my breastfed baby a pacifier?
- When will my milk come in?